Saturday 4 April 2015

Homemade Easter Eggs



For the last few years, I have been making my own Easter Eggs. It allows me to make sure I am getting an easter egg make from good quality chocolate and not paying the price for it!

I simply bought some moulds (you can get these in any good cook shops or online, I got mine from Ebay), and some chocolate I really like. This year I experimented with different shapes and different kinds of chocolate. I managed to get my hands on a really geometric egg mould, so used different types of chocolate for different effects.
I also found one for smaller eggs and made chocolate robins eggs. I used a cocktail stick to dot dark chocolate onto the moulds and filled the rest of the moulds with white chocolate (with blue and green food colouring added).


Last year, I used a smooth egg mould and filled the front of the egg with coffee beans and built the chocolate egg around that. It worked really well and made a great gift for people who love coffee!
By buying moulds and making your own chocolate eggs you can make something really special, and they are really cheap! I bought two or three bars of 80% cocoa chocolate for £5, and managed to make two eggs. So not only is it more fun, but making your own eggs is cheaper than buying them!



No comments:

Post a Comment